On Wednesday my right leg started to ache. Thursday was even worse. Yesterday I had another shift at the pet store. Afterwards I could barely stand and when I finally got home, I couldn’t walk. I could wiggle/moonwalk a few inches at a time but couldn’t get far.
I had to go to the ER and found that my knee cap is full of fluids. I might have to have it drained but for now I am immobile.
New Year’s Resolutions took a hit:
1. Run 730 miles – I should have 84 miles today but I only did 2.1 miles on the elliptical machine on Monday for a total of 56.7 miles for the year.
2. 5,000 push ups and 8,000 leg lifts – no change from last week, 316 and 350.
3. Lose 26 pounds – I have enough fluid in my leg to fill a ten gallon aquarium. I’m going to wait until it’s gone before getting on a scale.
4. Support 24 local artists – nothing.
5. 42 manuscript submissions – I’m actually ahead of schedule with eight.
6. Write 40,000 words and five new stories – I’m 45 words ahead of schedule with 4,647.
7. Read all the New Testament – starting James, my 14th book of the year.
8. Read The Nature of Things – haven’t started.
9. Finish Finnegan’s Wake – On page 240 with 300 to go.
10. 300 blog posts – this makes 23.