After my dismal failure last year, I thought about not doing resolutions at all. Instead I’ll just tone them down.
1. Run 730 miles (easier than last year).
2. 5,000 push ups and 8,000 leg lifts (same as last year).
3. Lose 26 pounds (same as last year).
4. Support 24 local artists (same as a few years ago)
5. 42 manuscript submissions (much easier than last year).
6. Write 40,000 words and five new stories (one-third of last year).
7. Read all the New Testament (basically the same as a few years ago).
8. Read The Nature of Things (new).
9. Finish Finnegan’s Wake (seven chapters easier than last year).
10. 300 blog posts (about the same as a few years ago).
Not very inspiring but I want to give myself a chance.