I was cleaning the gerbils’ cage and discovered that the parents had chewed off the babies’ tails and hind legs. Remarkably, the babies didn’t act as if they were in pain and we’re able to move around like seals with their front legs. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
The rest of the week hasn’t been much better.
1. Writing (Goal – 120,000 words/finish five stories): 21,854 words and four stories.
2. Publishing (Send out 110 manuscripts): No change.
3. Read Finnegan’s Wake: Finished the fourth chapter, 91 pages out of 540.
4. Read Shakespeare’s sonnets: Complete.
5. Visit five new libraries: Two–Blanchester Public Library and Green Township.
6. 5,000 Push ups/8,000 Leg lifts: 1,453 push ups; 2,290 leg lifts.
7. Running: Not an inch.
8. Lose 26 pounds: Afraid to look. Probably gained back every thing I lost.
9. 100 photos of different species: Added Honeysuckle, Eastern Snowball Viburnum, Clover, Herbert Azalea, and Rose.
10. Year of Mercy: Still only two.