It happens every year–I think it’s bad then the kids go on summer vacation. It got worse. The resolutions are slogging along:
1. Blogging. Goal: 300 posts for the year. What I did: I’ll try to post every day in June. So far, so good. I’ve got 177 posts, with 127.4 to be on pace.
2. Writing. Goal: 100,000 words for the year. What I have: I’ve been a little slow but have 51,005 words, needed 42,465.75.
3. Running. Goal: 2,200 miles for the year. What I have: 945.4 miles, needing 934.25.
4. Publishing. Goal : 105 manuscripts sent out: After weeks, I’m still on 66, needing 44.59.
5. Video. Goal : five video projects. What I did: Again, no change. Stagnant at two.
6. Weight. Goal : lose 35 pounds. What I did: For the first time in weeks, I actually lost weight. Not much, 3.3 pounds that doesn’t come close to doing away with what I gained in May.
7. Art. Goal: Photograph 100 species. What I did : 55:
Mammal (7) Gerbil, Robo hamster, Campbell’s hamster, Syrian hamster, Rabbit, Gray Squirrel
Bird (22): Budgerigar parakeet, Rock doves (pigeons), Northern cardinal, House sparrow, Mallard duck, Canada goose, House finch, American robin, Red-tailed hawk, Common crow, European starling, Tufted Titmouse, Ring-billed gull, Swan Goose, American tree sparrow, Herring gull, Downy woodpecker, Red-bellied woodpecker, Northern mockingbird, Mourning dove, Red-winged blackbird, Killdeer
Reptile (3): Red-eared slider, Leopard gecko, European wall lizard
Amphibian (2): Dwarf aquatic frog, Fire-Bellied Toad
Insect (14): Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, Stink bug, Wax worm, Mealworms, Cricket, Hister or Oil beetle, White grub, Termite, Formica ant, Bumblebee, Varied carpet beetle, Field cricket, Common red soldier beetle, Leaf hopper
Myriapod (3): Millipedes, Garden centipede, House centipede
Annelid (2): Canadian nightcrawler, Red worms
Planaria (1): Planaria
8. Kids. Goal : 300 events. What I did: 88 events, the Anderson Library, Sixth Grade Recognition Night, and the swimming pool.
9. Exercise. Goal : 8,000 leg lifts and 5,000 push ups. What I did: Needed 3,397.26 leg lifts and 2,123.29 push ups and have–
Leg lifts: 3,416 (18.26 up)
Push ups 2,128 (4.71 up)
10. Didn’t do anything as a weekly resolution. I’m two down for the year.