A little better this week:
1. Blogging. Goal: 300 posts for the year. What I have: Needed 87.12; this is post #128.
2. Writing. Goal: 100,000 words for the year. What I have: I’ve been lazy but had enough of a lead that I’m still ahead: have 37,787, need 29,031.09.
3. Running. Goal: 2,200 miles for the year. What I have: Up to 715.1, needing 638.9.
4. Publishing. Goal : 105 manuscripts sent out. What I have: I had another work accepted in my only successful genre, porn. Yesterday I sent out my 54th manuscript of the year, needing 30.39.
5. Video. Goal : five video projects. What I did: I should work on the third project tomorrow.
6. Weight. Goal : lose 35 pounds. What I did: I’m 13.4 pounds down from January 1, but up eight pounds since the last time I had the nerve to check.
7. Art. Goal: Photograph 100 species. What I did : 46:
Mammal (6): Gerbil, Robo hamster, Campbell’s hamster, Syrian hamster, Rabbit, Gray Squirrel
Bird (21): Budgerigar parakeet, Rock doves (pigeons), Northern cardinal, House sparrow, Mallard duck, Canada goose, House finch, American robin, Red-tailed hawk, Common crow, European starling, Tufted Titmouse, Ring-billed gull, Swan Goose, American tree sparrow, Herring gull, Downy woodpecker, Red-bellied woodpecker, Northern mockingbird, Mourning dove, Red-winged blackbird
Reptile (3): Red-eared slider, Leopard gecko, European wall lizard
Amphibian (2): Dwarf aquatic frog, Fire-Bellied Toad
Insect (7): Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, Stink bug, Wax worm, Mealworms, Cricket, Hister or Oil beetle, White grub
Myriapod (3): Millipedes, Garden centipede, House centipede
Annelid (2): Canadian nightcrawler, Red worms
Planaria (1): Planaria
8. Kids. Goal : 300 events. What I did: One trip to the Campbell County Library puts us at a lowly 58.
9. Exercise. Goal : 8,000 leg lifts and 5,000 push ups. What I did: Needed 2,323.28 leg lifts and 1,452.05 push ups and have–
Leg lifts: 2,160 (164 down)
Push ups 1,497 (44 up)
10. For my sixth and final H.P. Lovecraft story, I read “From Beyond.” I’ll probably write about it tomorrow.